How to use Moondust
How to use Moondust Tin-Powder
Our powder tins are super easy to use:
Step 1: Dip your brush in some water and gently flick off any excess.
Step 2: pop open the tin with your fingers on the top lid. Dip your brush into the Moon Dust and load it up on the bristles *
Step 3: Brush as normal (for best results its recommended to brush for 2 mins).
Step 4: Spit into the sink (or if brushing in the shower spit down the drain).
Step 5: Floss your teeth. Try our amazing 100% compostable cornsilk floss for a fresh clean feel.
Step 6: Rinse with your favourite rinse, and go blaze those pearly whites out there!
Then your done! Watch as your teeth become whiter and you mouth feels fresh and clean.
Tips for best results
- when loading up your brush just let it hang in the powder for 2-3 seconds.
- Moondust is hydrophillic and will load itself onto your wet brush practically on i its own.
- Don't like sharing with others or even yourself? grab a dispensing spatula instead.
- You don’t need much but if you find its too little for a satisfying clean, you can re-load halfway through your brush no problems.
- Be careful not to inhale the powder initially. It will settle within a moment or two as you brush.
- If your sink is super messy, consider keeping a dark cloth or one of our cleansing puffs on your sink for a quick wipe down.
- We like to use a salt water rinse after brushing its really effective. Just dilute a teaspoon of sea or himalayan salt in half a cup warm water
- Dentists recommend cleaning teeth twice a day for ongoing healthy mouth. Click here to find out why before breakfast is the best time to brush!
How to use Moondust Gel-kit
How to assemble and use your 'forever toothpaste':
Step 1: Ensure your silicon tube is clean and dry ready for the addition of powder and liquid (see tips for best results)
Step 2: Open your chosen flavour powder and dispense the required amount of powder into the tube.
Step 3: Carefully and quickly add the required amount of your chosen liquid to your powder. *
Step 4: Shake vigorously for 30 seconds, squeezing hte tip of the tube to dislodge any undissolved powder and leave sit for 2-5 mins. Your mix is ready to use!
Step 5: Add a generous squish to your moistened brush and clean as normal (we recommend a minimum of 2 minutes). This mix will last for 2-3 weeks.
Step 6: Floss your teeth. Try our amazing 100% compostable cornsilk floss for a fresh clean feel.
Step 7: Rinse with your favourite rinse, and go blaze those pearly whites out there!
Your done! Watch as your teeth become whiter and you mouth feels fresh and clean.
Tips for best results
- To clean your silicon tube ready for use, ensure all the residue has been cleaned away (we like to rub the tube on itself vigorously several times).
- Brush out any remaining residue from the inside and outside of the lid and tube. A toothbrush is perfect for this task.
- Clean tube and lid with hot soapy water, rinse with hot hot water. Ideally boil for 2-3 mins on the stove (do not put in microwave).
- if you are having trouble getting the powder into the tube you can use a funnel. You can also make a simple funnel out of a peice of paper
- *We highly recommend colloidal silver as a sterile liquid or you can use saline solution instead (it has a slightly salty effect on the final mix)
- To make a sterile saline dissolve 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt or himalayan salt into 1 cup water and boil on stove for 5 mins. Keep the extra for next batch!
- Give your mixture a good shake from time to time to keep the mixture evenly moist.
- To avoid adding any bacteria to the toothgel do not open the tube for any reason until you need to refill it